This week was back to school for our family and with it brings a new season of life as Breck enters Kindergarten and my home feels so quiet.
Open House was last Thursday and we went to meet the teachers and sign their lives away. Breck agreed on paper to obey all the rules and to do his work to the best of his ability! Thanks Aunt Katy for taking all these great pictures. I am so sad we didn't get you in any of them. It was a special treat for all of us to have you along.
Kacey is so excited for this year because she gets to share it again with a friend who was in first grade with her plus she got the teacher that she wanted! Second grade is off to a good start for her.

Today is the day - It's the First day of new beginnings!


It was a very long ride to school on the first day. Traffic was CRAZY so Kacey and Mommy had lots of time together in the car. The kindergarten does a staggered schedule on the first day so Breck didn't have to go until 9:00!

Breck did great saying goodbye - He was excited to be with Mrs. K and have his sweet friend Ava in his class.
Although mom has had a few tears this week as I embrace this new season of life we have also praised the Lord quite often for the gift of good teachers and good friends in each of the kids' classes. They both have embraced this new year with enthusiasm and for that we are grateful!
and as for mom... it has been a crisp reminder that the "days of our lives" move by quickly and I find myself thinking on one of my favorite Kids books by Karen Kingsbury titled Let Me Hold you Longer
Here are a few snippets from her book
Long ago you came to me, a miracle of firsts:
first smiles and teeth and baby steps, a sunbeam on the burst...
My life keeps moving fast, stealing precious days that pass
I want to hold on longer --
want to recognize your lasts....
I've watched you grow and barely noticed seasons as they pass.
If I could freeze the hands of time, I'd hold on to your lasts.
Let me hold on longer, God, to every precious last.
3 comments:
Oh my goodness! I am just sitting here in my office bawling. Every single day with our kids closes one precious moment and opens a whole other one. What a gift, that's all I can say! Blessings to you my sister as you embark on this new season in your life! Go sit in your big tub at 10:00 a.m. and read or something. Haven't done that in years I'm sure! (if ever...)
What a sweet post! Kacey and Breck looked so cute for the first day! Time does fly!
You have quite the poem! I am sure you couldn't see thru your tears as you posted this blog! that is how I got when I read it first! I do feel for you and have no clue what that would feel like...yet! But someday I will know and you can talk me thru it!!! I just had the best time with Kacey and Breck. They always make me so happy! I hope this monday was a little easier!!
Post a Comment