Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

God Speaking...

Lately I've read or heard a number of stories of how God specifically revealed something to someone. Last night I had one of those encounters of knowing that God woke me up for a reason. After awakening around 1:00am I went to check on my kids and found Kacey sound asleep in our room on the couch (I was sleeping in her room b/c Jeff has been sick) so I found it odd that she would leave her room and go sleep elsewhere, I then checked on Breck whom was fine and was making my way back to bed when I heard this low humming noise and instantly I knew! God woke me up b/c my dryer was going and had been going now for almost 4 hours and was quite hot! I crawled back in to bed once again amazed at how God uses different events in our lives to show us how real and personal He is. Our dryer is on it's way out and I've been very cautious to not leave it running when I leave the house but I didn't even think about it when I started it before I headed off to bed. -- Today I praise God for being a very personal God! - I trust that today you may SEE Him too in a very real and personal way. HUGS!

It is my pleasure to tell you about the miraculous signs and wonders that the Most High God has performed for me. How great are His signs, how mighty His wonders! Daniel 4:2

6 comments:

The Wrights said...

That is awesome! I love these stories. We've watched them in our own life and it is just as fun to watch it in someone else's life. God's protection is ever stretching and God's timeing is impecable! Glory to Him who watches over us in our awake moments and in our moments of sleep! Thanks for sharing! These stories always lift my spirit.

The Wrights said...

Oh....and I love you and am so glad your dryer did not catch on fire. For goodness sake..I couldn't take that type of news for sure!

CollegeGuy said...

Amy,

This is a wonderful reminder of how God really IS present in the daily, often the mundane. Every so often I go back to Brother Lawrence's Practicing the Presence of God. It reminds me of moments just like this when God is actively showing His presence and involvement in our real, every day lives.

Kristi Mouttet

Texan Preston's! said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Praise God! That is so scary! I am so grateful HE woke you up! WOW! That is really all I can say at this point!!

Ava said...

That made for the perfect alarm clock! So glad you woke up! Hope Jeff is feeling better!
xoxo

Joshua said...

Tried to comment on this one once before but had the wrong blogger I.D. I guess but now I have it figured out again. I'm so glad you woke up and that God gave you the urging to check things out instead of falling back asleep when it is easy to do.